Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hmm...

"If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is wothless" (James 1:26).

Hmmm... so does this mean that I have to edit myself, my thoughts? According to this book I'm reading, the authors propose that I cannot really follow Christ well without controlling what rolls off of this baby and that I shouldn't say whatever I feel whenever I feel it.

This is challenging for me. How does it fit in with being honest and real?

3 Comments:

Blogger Marsha said...

I think that as we better control what comes out of our mouths, our thoughts gradually come in line with this as well. I have found where my mouth goes, my thoughts later follow. There are still some stubborn areas that don't change as readily, but it is a process. And of course we all need safe relationships where we can be completely "transparent," but this is with the knowledge that the other person gets to speak into our life in a loving way in order to be part of our growth process. Just a couple of thoughts...

Mon Aug 01, 11:51:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gross pic!

Tue Aug 02, 02:39:00 PM 2005  
Blogger agirloutthere said...

Thanks for your couple of thoughts NSSNSN. They're appreciated.

Thu Aug 04, 11:55:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home