Thursday, January 26, 2006

She Will Be Loved



Ephesians 3:17-18 (New Living Translation)
17And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. 18And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is.


Yes, Jesus loves her! He loves her director, loves her photographer, loves the video store owner, loves the video watcher, loves you, loves me, loves the liars, loves the bigots, loves President Bush, loves Senator Clinton, loves Pat Robertson, loves the cheaters, loves the pimps, loves Jim and Tammy Baker, loves the passive aggressives, loves the high rollers, loves the "godhatesfags" people, loves the antisocials, loves the pregnant teen and the boy who denies knocking her up, he loves the aborted baby, the abortionist, the assisting nurse, the girl in the stirrups, the friend sitting in the waiting room, the parent who gave her the condoms, the parent you gave her the boot, the pro-choice lobbyist, the pro-life lobbyist, and the crowd outside the clinic screaming "you're going to hell for this." He loves you, He loves me (incase you missed it the first time). He loves the drunkard that mowed down the cute little kid down the street. He loves the judge who gave him 2 years probation. He loves the cute little kid. He loves the cute little kid's mom who swallowed a bottle of everything to make the pain stop. He loves the devastated man.

I think you get the point...but if for some reason you don't, read and watch all the bad news that you can find and then spend a couple of moments sitting and just thinking about all of those children that God loves. Did you hear me? Jesus loves the little children, ALL the children of the world.

Do you remember this song?

Jesus calls the children dear,
“Come to me and never fear,
For I love the little children of the world;
I will take you by the hand,
Lead you to the better land,
For I love the little children of the world.”

Refrain (for kids this means, sing it as loud as possible)

Jesus loves the little children,
All the children of the world.
Red and yellow, black and white,
All are precious in His sight,
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Alternate refrain (they never taught this one in VBS, so we just hummed along):

Jesus died for all the children,
All the children of the world.
Red and yellow, black and white,
All are precious in His sight,
Jesus died for all the children of the world.]

Jesus is the Shepherd true,
And He’ll always stand by you,
For He loves the little children of the world;
He’s a Savior great and strong,
And He’ll shield you from the wrong,
For He loves the little children of the world.

Refrain

I am coming, Lord, to Thee,
And Your soldier I will be,
For You love the little children of the world;
And Your cross I’ll always bear,
And for You I’ll do and dare,
For You love the little children of the world.

Refrain


...or this one...

Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.

Refrain (Remember, sing it as loud as you possibly can!)

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! This I know,
As He loved so long ago,
Taking children on His knee,
Saying, “Let them come to Me.”


Refrain

Jesus loves me still today,
Walking with me on my way,
Wanting as a friend to give
Light and love to all who live.

Refrain

Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven’s gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.

Refrain


Jesus loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way;
Thou hast bled and died for me,
I will henceforth live for Thee.

Refrain


*This stan­za from the orig­in­al is com­mon­ly omit­ted in hymn­als:

Jesus loves me! Loves me still,
Though I’m very weak and ill,
That I might from sin be free
Bled and died upon the tree.






Isaiah wrote, "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." (Isaiah 40:11)

An anonymous Eastern traveler told of witnessing what the prophet described.
"One shepherd led his flock by a zigzag path, up the almost perpendicular bank of the glen. Behind it two young lambs trotted gaily along at the feet of their mother. At first they frisked about and jumped lightly from stone to stone; but soon they began to fall behind. The poor little things cried piteously when the path became steeper and the rocks higher, and the flock more distant. The mother cried too, running back and forth - now lingering behind, now hasting on before, as if to wile them upwards. It was in vain. The ascent was too much for their feeble limbs. They stopped, trembling on the shelving cliff, and cried; the mother stopped and cried by their side. I thought they would certainly be lost; and I saw the great eagles that soared in great circles around the cliff far overhead, swooping lower and lower, as if to pounce upon their prey. But no! The plaintive cries of distress had already reached the ear of the good shepherd. Mounting a rock, he looked down, and saw the helpless little ones. A minute more, and he was standing by them. Then taking them up in his arms, he put them - one on each side - in his bosom, in the ample folds of his coat, which was bound round the waist by a girdle" ('The Pulpit Commentary'; Isaiah; Vol. II; P. 93).

So now I have to ask myself, can I look at these people and cry to The Shepherd like the mother lamb, or will I circle and wait for the perfect opportunity to pounce like the great eagle? Can I love her? What about you?

Thank God, she was loved by Him, she is loved by Him, and she will be loved by Him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'tap on my window, knock on my door... i want to make you feel beautiful...' (maroon 5)

the title of your post reminded me of the maroon 5 song. it was interesting to think of it as God's song over me. thanks. needed that. :)

Fri Jan 27, 08:07:00 AM 2006  
Blogger stinkowoman said...

Great thoughts! I agree with Candyce, I first thought of Maroon 5... I know that is how CHrist loves...how do I get it to be the way I love? There is so much growing to do!!!

Sat Jan 28, 09:37:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home