Friday, December 23, 2005

People Watching



Hey there! Well I'm out of town for a few days. I flew to NC and let me tell you about some of things I've seen...

#1 The most severe mullet I've seen (ever). Not only was it a mullet, but it obviously had product in it to make it spikey on top, and she had blond highlights in her dark brown hair. I think she curled under the ends of the long part ("the party"). That made my eyes finally pop open at 6:45am the other morning, as I sat in the airport.

#2 The most beautiful angelic little girl I have ever seen. She was on the 2nd and shorter leg of her travels from Las Vegas. I asked her parents when they started; they left Las Vegas at midnight and were on the 8am flight to NC. That explaines all the tangles in this little 4 year old beauty's hair. It was so weird, I couldn't stop looking over at her. (It's not a bio-clock thing...she didn't make me want to have one. The little girl was just captivating.)

#3 A womens basketball team was on the plane with me. When I use to travel for team sports we had to dress up. I guess not anymore. The women were all in sweats (sporting the school logo). They were all frumpy looking and kind of rude. If I were the school, I'd rip my logo off of those sweats. I must say, one girl looked ridiculous. I know it's a "fashion" thing and it's in, for some guys, and if I saw this on a young male athlete, I wouldn't have mentally chuckled, just yawned. This girl had pulled the right leg of her sweats up to her knee and the left down. It just looked so out of place on a chick, especially as she met her man at baggage claim.

#4 An airport policeman; you know the ones that tell you to move your car along? At Raleigh the policeman are like vultures (in a good way), as soon as your brake lights come on, they are walking towards your car to tell you to go around again. Anyway... There was a man in his 40s who pulled up in a minivan, he quickly ran inside and back out. He walked up to the police officer and explained his situation. He was there to pick up his 80 something year old wheelchair bound father, who he saw an airport attendant take back inside the airport. The police officer told him, he could go look inside. Then the man said, but my baby is in the van. The officer went inside to find the elderly father and came back out and then watched the van/baby while the man went in to ID himself and pick up his dad. (The entire time, you should have seen all the cars build up around the curb...there were cars parallel parked 2-3 deep from the curb.)

#5 The backs of my eyelids, finally. After only sleeping 2.5 hours the night before I left (a nap according to my ride), I got here and at some point slept.

#6 Oh, how could I overlook this one. I saw a friend of mine at 6AM pull up in front of our house to give me a ride to the airport....I didn't think he existed until at least noon! Thanks, man.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a 6am sighting, too. Imagine that!

Thu Jan 05, 09:24:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home