Friday, August 05, 2005

He's bringing His Icebreaker

"The original, shimmering self gets buried so deep that most of us hardly end up living out of it at all. Instead, we live out all the other selves which we areconstantly putting on and taking off like coats and hats against the world's weather." --Beuchner, Telling Secrets

I recently read that quote in a friends blog (Embrace the Mess). The book is now on my to read list. SheplaysaMartin also gave props to the book (she has a good reading list).

Lately, I have felt that the the original, shimmering me has been very aware of how it's been duped. She has been trying to surface, but long ago I formed a thick layer of ice over the water that once easily evaporated and received in God's presense. She has been banging on that damn ice. Recently, I've heard her and I've been trying to talk to her and listen, but we can't hear through the cold thick layer. Thankfully God called and He's bringing His icebreaker.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dig it too. So when you're done with it could i lease it for like a year....

Fri Aug 05, 09:55:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Marsha said...

Me too, me too! The great thing is God has enough icebreakers to go around, so we don't have to share. We can have our very own!

Fri Aug 05, 12:54:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is the bomb. I was going to give a pastor I know this drawing of a sculptor working on a stone, because that is how I saw him. He seemed like his mission in life was approaching it like that piece of rock....chipping away at it. And in turn, he would not crumble for anything. he was so strong and maybe what I would previously call hardheaded if it wasnt for the negative connotations. But really , iron sharpens iron. I couldnt stand him sometimes, but when I could not get what I wanted from him-in otherwords when he didnt solve my problems for me, then I had to chip away inside at the rock of heart. Ice breaker - that is a cool idea!

Fri Aug 05, 01:26:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you really want to break the ice? sometimes i don't..... is that ok?

Sat Aug 06, 02:11:00 PM 2005  
Blogger agirloutthere said...

The idea of breaking the ice actually terrifies me, but I need to know who I've burried under the ice. She is the me that God designed. I know there will be parts of me that will have to die if I want to embrace her, but the revitilization of my soul with God's dreams for me will be the amazing!

Sat Aug 06, 02:56:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Aug 06, 03:48:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Aug 06, 03:52:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home