Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My Confession: I'm Not Watching The State of The Union Address Tonight



So I'm not watching the State of the Union Address tonight , and I'll tell you why.

President Bush will say a lot of things that sound really good, afterwards the opponents will make their criticizing comments that will also sound really good, and tomorrow more than likely, none of it will come to fruition.

I think it's much more interesting that today was Mr. Greenspan's last day with the Federal Reserve, the day that Judge Alito was sworn in as the 110th Supreme Court Justice, and the final day for a remarkable woman, Coretta Scott King.

As for the State of the Union, let me know how it went. I'm ordering Chinese and getting a movie... see ya!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i watched. there were parts i liked, there were parts i didn't like. but yeah, a lot of it was likely lip service. what was really interesting was to watch all the non-verbal interaction from the different officials and guests who were in attendance. sen. hillary clinton deserves another snl sketch for her facial expressions. she really could use some coaching as far as that goes... :) and justice alito was there (having been sworn in just a couple of hours prior). he looked like he was on a trip to disneyworld, just so excited to be there. who knows what kind of justice he'll be, but the look on his face made me rather happy for him.

Wed Feb 01, 06:50:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was like you, in fact I almost wrote the exact same post you did, but then I ended up watching it anyway. It was a good speech for the most part, although I've got a pretty good feel for Bush's rhetoric. There's more on my blog if you are interested.

Wed Feb 01, 08:30:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home