Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Last Year's Toy This November

How my heart breaks for you,
longs for you.

The fear is so real.
The fear that I'll never again hear your voice,
never again see your smile,
never again with you share a day,
never again,
no never again.

The thought of you,
the idea of you,
the dream of you,
only a fairytale,
just a mere fairytale.
Something we believed as children,
something that now we must let go.

Why do I want you so?
God has given me many others to replace you,
Many others that are wonderful,
Many others that love me,
but my heart breaks for you,
longs for you.

It feels so wrong to write you off,
like last year's toy when it's this November.
Am I so wrong to write you off?
I'm last year's toy on the shelf this November.
Do I just shut up and sit here?
Do I just collect all the dust?
Do I wait for you to remember me?
I wonder if you will remember me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home