Saturday, April 15, 2006

Shutting Down.

I’m way too plugged in. I’m missing out.
If I pull the plug, will I miss out.

Shutting down is something really scary.
It's really something scary how shut down I am.

I see a new side of you,
But I never see you.

Connected disconnect.
Disconnecting the connectivity.

Longing for the contact.
Not this intercourse, void of touch.

An hour, maybe two, spilling my guts out to you.
Really I want to fill my gut alongside you.

It’s being something in effect,
Not existing in the definite.

Authentic as a cover model;
Every blemish counted absent.

Infinite neighborhood,
Without the hassle of community.

Staying.
Leaving.

It’s really something scary.

All this to say…

It's time to give up the blog.
Instead I'll go for a jog.

The discourse is nice,
But what I’m after is the life spice.

That’s you and that's me,
Talking over tea and coffee.


That’s me saying the wrong thing,
And being present for your bellowing.

That’s hearing the laughter that creates your smile,
And learning how to stay and listen for a longer while.

That’s a hug for when you cry,
And an eyeroll to go with the big sigh.

Now I feel the rambling has gone one quite long enough,
And all I really want is to get up off of my duff.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bragg said...

When is the actual day? Will there be a clearance sale?

Wed Apr 19, 07:18:00 AM 2006  
Blogger sheplaysamartin said...

sadness... :(

will you still read our blogs? :)

Wed Apr 19, 08:09:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grizz,

Clearance day? Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that. Are there any video or link codes you would like?
I'll probably delete everthing this weekend. I want to save a couple of comments and so forth.

Martin,

Not so sad. I need REAL people contact. As for reading other blogs, no I won't be reading. I'm trying to unplug. I'd love to hear people's thoughts and sit down and talk about what we are all thinking.

Wed Apr 19, 10:33:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Steve Fuller said...

Wait, you mean talk to people in person? That was so 2004.

I've actually been feeling something similar lately.

Thu Apr 20, 08:19:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and I are going to start talking MORE? Is that possible? :)

Seriously, for those of us who have decided to stay "plugged in" for now, hopefully we can at least use blogs in a constructive way...to stimulate thinking AND face to face discussion and connection. Like viewing someone's artwork or writing - if you know the person, it should breed more intimacy, not serve as a substitute for it. How cool would that be?

Fri Apr 21, 05:20:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will miss being a lurker on your site when time permits me to do so and it is the only way I keep up with you..Although our lives are in two different directions..I hope we can find ways to keep in touch..If not, if I don't say it..I'm always praying for happiness and fulfillment in your life

Thu Apr 27, 06:46:00 AM 2006  
Blogger cmhl said...

I totally understand this point--- live life in the fullest, in "real life" time.. hope all is well with you.jo

Tue May 02, 12:58:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home