Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Time


So this might be an urban legend, though I do think there is something to consider here. Time. We only get so much of it and we only get it moment by moment. 50 hours, and then a couple of minutes, several moments later this man was gone.

What have you done with your last 50 hours and all those moments?

Did you stay a little longer after class or at the coffee shop with a friend and find out they really needed that moment with you? Did you go for a walk and meet a new neighbor and discover a new friendship? Did you quiet yourself and shut out all the buzz and gain insight into your life? Did you call someone in your family and tell them you miss them and love them? Did you go to the gym and relieve some pressure and some stress? Did you take a nap and let your body and mind be restored? Did you read something challenging? Did you share something funny? Did you just appreciate your day, moment to moment?

There is nothing wrong with enjoying the technologies of our time. Just stop and think about the moment you're in, be aware of your surroundings and yourself.

What will you do in this moment, right now, the only one you have?


(As for me I'm out the door now...yoga with a friend!)

3 Comments:

Blogger sheplaysamartin said...

i saw a story about the video game mortality, too... who knows what really happened there, but it's definitely interesting... what a sad way for life to end... even if he hadn't died at the end of those 50 hours, it was still 50 hours that could have been spent so many other ways... i need to be mindful of how i spend my time.

Wed Aug 24, 11:27:00 AM 2005  
Blogger agirloutthere said...

I stepped away from my blogging today. Yoga was cancelled and my original lunch date was out sick..I think.

Instead I had a mad brainstorming lunch at Habenero's on Ludlow. It was magnificent!

Wed Aug 24, 12:03:00 PM 2005  
Blogger stinkowoman said...

I threw my shoes off, grabbed a cold drink and got ready to nap.

Wed Aug 24, 12:55:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home