Sunday, August 14, 2005

How Clever

Recently I was in a worship moment that was ....I don't even have a word for it. I was sweating all over and it wasn't even hot in the room. I got some things during that time in God's presence.

Moments later, I saw a friend of mine that I really needed to do some planning with. I ran over and sat down and looked at her. There were tears in her eyes as she said, "Man, black preachers can really bring it. There are a couple of white preachers that can, but why is it that black preachers almost always do?"

God is so amazing! During that worship time, God have given her the question to the answer He had given me. God laid on my heart that African-American preachers have this powerful tap into the Holy Spirit and that their gift is born out of ancestral suffering. Following the heals of that thought came another. How clever of the devil to use that ancestral suffering and dump anger, rage, hate, fear, and distrust on the African-American community. Spiritually there is much at stake here. The devil wants to keep the energy inside people in a very negative, self-destructive place. The Holy Spirit wants to see this energy be completely free in God, to glorify God.

Yesterday, I saw the Holy Spirit at work in a man named Kenneth Ulmer. He is pastor of Faithful Central Bible Church in Inglewood, California. (That church by the way, purchased The Forum when it went up for sale, and that is the church's home today.) He spoke about what it was to be a servant, a steward, and a master.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home