Wednesday, September 28, 2005

24 Hours Before You Leave...

...And we fight.
We're both so uptight,
letting everything fly.
Extreme rage and hurt;
nothing to honor our Father on high.

I scream,
your eyes fall.
You walkout,
I begin to ball.

We tear each other apart,
the hours before you leave.

I don't want you to go
You don't want to leave me.
Everytime, everytime.

What's wrong with us?
Barrelling down the road
-- a runaway bus,
smashing everything in our path.

I'm really just sad and scared,
And you, you're lonely and missing me.

Halmark's calling, they say we should hold each other,
whisper sweet nothings in my ear,
enjoy a night of romance.

But it's cold over here,
just me and my pillow.
Puffy eyes,
aching heart,
wounded soul.
Grieving mind,
guilty mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home