Sunday, September 18, 2005

All the Answers


sheplaysamartin asked:

1. what color are your favorite pajamas? For the summer, turquoise blue and for the winter a strange purplish-burgandy from Old Navy.

2. how did you know aaron was 'the one'? Well I had noticed him and had one of those from a distance crushes on him for a little over a year. You know, I didn't know his name or his friend's name, but my girlfriend and I sure kept going to vespers at the Wesley foundation and commenting on "the 2 guys in the front." I guess what you are really wanting to know....early in our dating relationship, one night we were driving home from a club and he told me that being in a relationship with me made him want to be closer to God and made him want to be a better man. I nearly ran off the road (I-35 just north of I-240). That was the beginning of many clues.

3. why the gap in your blogging? :) Lots of things going on, especially in my mind and spirit and no real time to capture it all. The last ten minutes of work last night I got a writing rush, so I have a ten minute start of the next blog. It was quite frustrating to get so revved up to write and then have to stop and give report about something totally unrelated. Maybe tonight or tomorrow...

miss. j. a. h. asked:

1-what is your best childhood memory? Sitting at the edge of the garden with my dad. I was about 6 years old. He and I had spent all afternoon working in his vegtable garden. It was a hot evening in Medford, Oklahoma. We were sitting on the railroad tie. He was drinking a beer and I was drinking a 7up out of a can.

2-what are you most afraid of? a phone call.

3-what are your 5 most favorite things?
a. Good smells: lavendar, lilac, rain, knotty pines in Colorado in the heat of summer, wind through the fields of my grandfather's farm, the fresh smell after a shower, the initial breath as you walk into Servatti's, fresh cut grass...
b. Deep conversations.
c. When my husband smiles at me.
d. Overwhelmingly Intense prayer
e. Time spent with close friends.

just me asked:

1-why are you willing to forgive people so easily? I didn't know I did. There have been some real challenging forgivings, but I am free because I finally did forgive. In the last few years, I guess I forgive easily because of God's grace. It's quite humbling for me to think of all that has been forgiven in my life. I've been a real bitch and caused a fair share of hurt to others as well as myself, but God forgave me long before I was even around.

2-what is your one secret you have never told anyone? I'm afraid of a phone call.

3-what are you looking for? purpose.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish i could screen your calls for you. i love you

Tue Sep 27, 02:32:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss you

Tue Sep 27, 04:31:00 PM 2005  
Blogger sheplaysamartin said...

that is such a sweet story about you and aaron... i'm glad you stayed on the road! :)

Wed Sep 28, 07:45:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your first comment about your biggest fear being a phone call brought tears to my eyes. Having watched you and Aaron together, having had the joy of seeing a glimpse of his gentleness, tenderness, and humor...knowing you and the strength that you still feel you need to carry as a cloak around you, and knowing that you were the only one who understood my pain and need for friends one really rough night in June... drops me to my knees in prayer that you will never EVER get that call. I pray for old age in rocking chairs together with dozens of grandchildren or other's kids running and loving you both.
You are precious to me.
Your heart is precious to G-d.

Thu Sep 29, 03:32:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home