Saturday, October 01, 2005

a happy list...


A Happy List...

Name 10 things that bring you a moment of joy, and then tag 5 friends to do the same.
(Thanks Candyce! This was a great exercise.)

1. Waking up to the smell and sizzle of breakfast.

2. Having a cup of coffee with a friend.

3. Finishing a book. I start so many, it's a real accomplishment to actually finish one.

4. Early morning walks/jogs. I enjoy that time of morning when it is just light, but no one else is out and about yet.

5. When a really great song comes on the radio AND I happen to know the words. 2 minutes of my rockstar life.

6. Talking with my sisters. Visiting is best, but a real conversation on the phone is good, too.

7. Sitting at Mammoth Coffee, Rohs Street, Fido, Cafe Driade, The Flying Star, or Shelby's with a a cup a joe and my journal.

8. Holding hands with Aaron.

9. Waking up to a big heavy rain...and knowing I can sleep in some more or enjoy a book and a coffee while listening to the drizzling symphony.

10. Nature's beauty... mountain drives, forest hikes, rustling aspens, ice cold river water, Jax Beach at sunrise, foggy mornings, hills full of turning leaves...

Bonus Activity for you... The first person to tell me what this photo is will get a free cup a joe from me. Everyone has access to the answer.

Tag You're It: QuayVegas, Longing for More, Not so Strange, Kalla, Jen Chi Chi

6 Comments:

Blogger sheplaysamartin said...

'yellow' makes me happy. :) it's funny, i'm usually a little sad to finish a good book. i tend to wish there were more pages to read. :) though there have been some books that just took me way too long to finish, and i was quite happy to be done. :)

Sat Oct 01, 08:18:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm, the picture reminds me of that little joint in chapel hill that has great pastries and java! can't think of the name but that is what it looks like to me. any who not sure if that is correct or not. talk at you later sister! love you long time.

Mon Oct 10, 03:57:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I am not mistaken, the picture features Caffe Driade - thanks Just Me for the tip off!

Tue Oct 11, 06:40:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah yeah that's it!! i get the free coffee!!!!!!!!!..... oh wait, i hate coffee. marsha can have it, just think of me while you drink it!!

Tue Oct 11, 08:47:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah c, i forfot to tell you that i posted my 10 things in a bulletin on myspace. thanks for tagging me!

Tue Oct 11, 08:50:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ok i promise this is the last one. am i supose to post my ten here? i dunno how your deal works.
so here they are... if i'm not suppose to just delete them.

1-smell of fresh laundry.
2-seeing that i have a new picture/text message from evan.
3-laying my head on my sisters shoulder while they rub my hair.
4-hearing charlie snore.
5-seeing my dad.
6-my immortal, raining you, broken road, this year's love,
untouchable.
7-when i see something click in one of my kids head.... when they
finally figured out what i'm trying to teach them.
8-hugging, kissing, and cuddling.(yeah, with evan)
9-rain on the windows... esp while i'm in bed in my fresh sheets.
10-stars..... i love a clear stary sky(no stars like medford farm
stars)

Tue Oct 11, 09:46:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home