Friday, October 07, 2005

Irony is...



Irony is when there are 73 pieces of trash within 5 sq meters on the street & a man is sweeping up the leaves & putting them in a trash bucket. ---From Spit and Patience

Irony is when gas is pushing $3.50/gallon at the pump & a semi-truck is hauling a single F150 down the interstate.

Irony is when someone prefaces one's thought with, "I'm not racist, but..."

Irony is wedding fruitcake...you think I'm lying, check it out and see for yourself.

Irony is laughing about something horrible to somehow make it seem less horrible. ---paraphrased from Secretly Ironic

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'isn't it ironic, don't you think? a little too ironic. yeah. i really do think. it's like rain on your wedding day, a green light when you're already late. the good advice that you just didn't take. and who would have thought? it figures...' (alanis, of course)

i loved the 'i'm not a racist but...' line. :)

Sun Oct 09, 07:05:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda like trip hopping. I once was prejudiced, now I am won over :)

Mon Oct 10, 08:42:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel like the whole world is irony! not i ronic but irony.

Mon Oct 10, 04:04:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Marsha said...

Where or where did the girl go?

Fri Nov 04, 03:32:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - hope you are doing well Ms. Ironic. Sorry I have been a bit off the map lately. Looking forward to connecting in when I get back!

Fri Nov 11, 09:44:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing - i will take you up on that coffee soon. Or we could make it happy hour!

Fri Nov 11, 01:15:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Ha, ha - I love the picture! I'd be the lazy ass using the stairs, sadly to say. :-P

Thanks for dropping by my blog. ;-)

Sun Nov 27, 10:45:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home